As you may know, The Broad Residency in Urban Education is focused on improving public education by placing business professionals into high-impact full-time paid management positions in the education industry. Many of the participants come from top graduate schools (Kellogg, Fuqua, Stanford, HBS).
We recently broadened our placements beyond school districts and charter organizations to include the US Department of Education. Can you help us by spreading the word to those in your network interested in management careers in the social sector?
We now also accept any graduate degree (as long as they have business work experience). Anyone interested may contact me directly or visit our website to apply (www.broadresidency.org).
Below my signature is an overview of The Broad Residency. Following is a link to a recent article about The Broad Residency in US News and World Report:
Thank you for helping us raise awareness.
Director, Recruitment and Selection
10900 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, California 90024
The Broad Residency in Urban Education is a leadership development program that places participants in full-time paid managerial positions at the top levels of urban school districts, charter management organizations, and the US Dept of Education. Broad Residents assume highly visible roles reporting to superintendents, COOs or top cabinet members and earn starting salaries of $85,000 to $95,000 with full benefits.
They lead major projects that require superb analytical skills and the ability to manage projects and teams. Working within the system, participants are well-positioned to lead the transformation required to ensure that every American child receives a world-class education. A sampling of Broad Residents' accomplishments include:
- Saved $3 million per classroom by decreasing materials costs on 23 classrooms
- Reduced cycle time for textbook purchasing by three months, assuring that schools now receive 98 percent of textbooks before the start-of-school
- Decreased new hire process time from two weeks to four days
Simultaneous to job placement, Broad Residents receive two years of intensive professional development and join a national network of education leaders. This provides the support needed to transition into a management career that truly makes an impact.
(To be removed from our mailing list, simply reply to this email with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.)
Howie Rhee, MBA
Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Fuqua School of Business, Duke University
Watch our video: www.fuqua.duke.edu/wakeup
Duke Entrepreneurship Links:
- Entrepreneurship at Duke - www.EntrepreneurshipAtDuke.com
- A Duke Resource for Entrepreneurs: www.dukeVEN.com
- Weekly Education Series - www.dukeDEES.com
- Connect with Duke Entrepreneurs - www.dukegen.com
- Find a startup - www.startupmatchmaker.blogspot.com
- Duke Start-Up Challenge - www.dukestartupchallenge.org
- Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital Club - www.dukeevcc.com
- Twitter - http://twitter.com/EshipAtDuke
- Entering the Duke Start-Up Challenge? See example business plans - email me for a copy of Business Plan Pro (advert)