A Million Dollars Isnt Cool. You Know What Is? Startup Weekend.
Pitch an idea on Friday. Build it on Saturday. Launch it on Sunday.In a nutshell, thats Startup Weekend, a one-of-a-kind 54-hour event where you and a make-shift team build a web product or mobile app that could be the next billion dollar blockbuster. Entrepreneurs come in all shapes and sizes - software developers, graphic designers, business people, investors - so if you dream big like Jobs, Zuck and Brin, look for the big red Register button to attend.
Friday @ Bay 7
- 6:00pm – Registration starts
- 6:30pm – Dinner & Networking
- 7:15pm – Welcome & Speakers
- 7:45pm – Pitches Start
- 9:00pm – Attendees vote for the top ideas
- 9:30pm – Teams start forming and discussing ideas
- 10:00pm – Start to formalize teams and take an inventory of skills. Be honest, and direct about what resources and skills are needed for the weekend. You may stay and work as late as the venue will allow.
Saturday in the American Underground
- 9:00am – Arrive, simple breakfast & coffee
- 9:30am – Teams formed and setting up workspaces for the weekend
- 12:00pm – Lunch
- 1:00pm – Call for needs & skills
- 2:00pm – Mentors help teams one-on-one. They are here to help!
- 6:30pm – Dinner
- 7:30pm – Mid weekend check-in, status reports, call for help
- 10:00pm – Finished for the day. You may stay and work as late as the venue will allow.
Sunday @ Bay 7
- 8:30am – Arrive, simple breakfast & coffee
- 10:00am - Mentors arrive… ASK QUESTIONS
- 12:00pm – Lunch
- 3:00pm – FINAL PRESENTATIONS, Judging and Awards
- 5:00pm – TSW Group heads over to Durham Bulls Game
Howie Rhee, MBA
Managing Director, Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Fuqua School of Business, Duke University
919-617-1123 Google Voice / Mobile
Learn more about Entrepreneurship at Duke - http://www.EntrepreneurshipAtDuke.com
and read our Duke Entrepreneurship Manual - http://www.dukeven.com