Thursday, February 26, 2009
Monday, February 23, 2009
Managing Consultant - Medical
We are looking for a managing consultant to join our US team. This person will be responsible for client and account management, lead conversion, scoping, definition and management of Opportunity Discovery (Innovation & Commercialisation Advisory) projects for health, wellness and medical device clients in the US.
- work with front line sales team and senior managers to identify new consulting opportunities, formulate appropriate consulting programs and convert leads into sales
- provide experience and technical expertise specifically in the medical and/or health & wellness orientated consumer goods sectors
- aid in penetrating new health & wellness accounts across the
and take lead responsibility for account management and long lasting client satisfaction US
- work with client and lead internal team to structure, articulate and present proposed consulting assignments in response to client interest and identified need
- contribute to service offering development based on real world experience of successfully discovering, initiating, managing or incubating innovations within the target health sectors
- develop thought leadership and present leading edge practices at international conferences
- manage intensive, challenging and complex client facing projects up to around $500K in value
- work with senior group managers to build sustainable business growth in the
- possess at least a BS degree in a technical, scientific or related area (or equivalent)
- demonstrable experience in the medical, healthcare and/or wellness consumer goods industries; specifically in driving and successfully delivering innovations within those sectors
- a strong working knowledge of key technologies and scientific principles forming the basis of the medical and/or healthcare consumer goods sectors as well as good general grounding in technology & science; is able to demonstrate breadth of expertise across the target sectors
- a detailed understanding of the innovation process including knowledge of gathering insights, identifying need, and creating solutions
- a track record in business consulting practices:
- proven ability to quickly understand a client’s innovation related challenges and define / frame a solution as a world-class consulting assignment
- experience and track record in identifying new and add-on consulting opportunities, leading development of new accounts and working with front line sales force to build base of business based on sector and process expertise
- ability to reliably manage a client relationship, internal teams and multiple active, client projects of $300K+
- strong interpersonal and communication skills – confident and capable in both client and public facing roles
- MS or MBA from a top tier university
- relocation to the
Washington, DC/ area is required Baltimore, MD
- relocation assistance is provided
- office complex web site: www.maplelawnmd.com
- 25% with international travel required
Please contact Marion.Harris@sagentia.com
Friday, February 20, 2009
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Are you a student entrepreneur with a business startup that you’d like to rapidly accelerate this summer? If so, the Summer@Highland 2009 program may be just what you need.
In its third year, Summer@Highland is an innovative program designed to provide selected student/university-affiliated entrepreneurs with the environment and resources for advancing their startup initiative/company to the next level. Participating entrepreneurs/teams will receive a financial stipend and complimentary work space in either our Lexington, Massachusetts or Menlo Park, California office. The teams will have access to Highland investment professionals along with further resources for injecting real-world advice, insight and perspectives into the entrepreneurial and company-building process.
We are accepting applications for consideration in this year’s program through April 9, 2009. If you’re involved with a high-potential startup, we encourage you to consider applying.
What we’re looking for in 2009
We are especially interested in having you spend the summer with us if:
• You have a leadership team with vision, passion, and drive
• Your initiative is built around a breakthrough idea that is scalable and monetizable
• You’re pursuing a large addressable market opportunity with a product/service that has the potential to be highly-disruptive in its area
• Your business initiative is already showing momentum and (ideally) some demonstrable market traction (i.e., you’re well beyond concept)
• You’re operating in a sector that we focus on – information and communication technology, digital media, life sciences, advanced materials & semiconductors, cleantech
• You can direct us to some advisors who see your business’s potential as you do
Particulars of Summer@Highland 2009
1. The program is open to current undergraduate or graduate students, post graduate docs, as well as recent grads (December 2008 or later). At least one participating member of the team must meet this criterion.
2. Teams can comprise 1 to 4 persons.
3. A single person team will receive a $7,500 stipend for the summer, if selected.
4. A multi-person team will receive a $15,000 stipend, if selected.
5. Participating teams are required to work full time for a minimum 10 weeks on their initiative. Start and end dates are flexible and are to span the period of mid-May through September 2009.
6. Participating teams will need to reside in one of Highland’s offices (Lexington, MA or Menlo Park, CA) while participating in the program.
7. Each participating team will have a Highland sponsor who will be the team’s gateway to advice and counsel from Highland’s investors and industry network.
8. Participating teams in the core Summer@Highland 2009 program are under no obligation to Highland after the summer. Further terms and conditions may apply for initiatives that qualify for and are interested in pursuing seed financing and/or additional involvement by the Highland team.
How to apply
1. Please complete the brief online application (available atwww.hcp.com/summer)
2. Attach to your application (1) resumes/bios for each team member, and (2) up to two referrals/letters of recommendation (recommended). The latter may be from faculty & administration, board or advisory group members, or others affiliated with close knowledge of your initiative and/or team members.
3. You may also consider optionally attaching (1) executive summary of your initiative/company, and/or (2) a link to a 1-2 minute overview / elevator pitch video via YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
4. The deadline to submit all materials associated with an application is end of day Thursday, April 9, 2009.
5. The application deadline for consideration in the 2009 program is Thursday, April 9, 2009.
6. Selected projects will be notified via email no later than May 1, 2009.
Please direct any questions regarding the program email@example.com and we will do our best to address them.