This comes from Jonathan Lee, a second year at Fuqua, who interned at GetSatisfaction this past summer and also worked with angel investors Freestyle Capital last year. I heard his idea and like it.
Check it out.
Who we are:
Team member # 1 is a Duke MBA student w/ a VC & strategy consulting background, and biz dev experience in Internet start-ups.
Team member # 2 is a Duke CS student w/ all-star programming talent and is responsible for back-end development.
Team member #3 is a Duke MBA alum currently doing biz dev at Yahoo.
We're all extremely motivated entrepreneurs with a great network of advisors and investors.
We have a solid concept that will connect customers with local businesses by providing customers discounts while driving sales volume for businesses (We're NOT a Groupon clone, not even remotely close.). There's currently a strong momentum in the online-to-offline commerce and we want to take advantage of it by approaching it from a different angle than what we've seen. We've started developing the site and we need your help to take it to the next level.
- A strong knowledge of other programming languages, tools, and platforms, such as HTML5, Flash, and Rails is a big plus.
- Work diligently with minimum supervision while prioritizing effectively and responding quickly to business needs.
- Have or are working toward a CS degree (BS or MS) or possess equivalent technical experience.
- At least 1 year of experience in web development (have examples)
- Live near Duke or San Francisco. If not, open to the idea of eventually relocating. We'd like to be able to see you in person.
- A good eye for design and user experience is a huge plus.
- Insanely entrepreneurial and ridiculously hungry to get this company off the ground as one of the founding members
We strongly prefer to pay you in equity as we are still very early and want to motivate you with a "team" mentality. However, we can be flexible, within reason, to other pay structures.
Please contact Jonathan (jyl13 [at] duke [dot] edu) if you are interested in learning more about the opportunity.
Howie Rhee, MBA
Managing Director, Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Fuqua School of Business, Duke University
919-617-1123 Google Voice / Mobile
Learn more about Entrepreneurship at Duke - www.EntrepreneurshipAtDuke.com
and read our Duke Entrepreneurship Manual - www.dukeven.com.