Grant money available to student startups. Thanks to Barry for forwarding
-------- Original Message --------
|Subject:||$20,000 grants from NCIIA for student technology projects|
|Resent-Date:||Thu, 05 Nov 2009 16:46:24 -0500|
|Date:||Thu, 5 Nov 2009 16:46:22 -0500|
|From:||Rachel Agoglia <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
Dear Barry and April,
I hope this email finds you well.
As a recent recipient of NCIIA sponsorship funds, I would like to encourage you to share this opportunity for Advanced E-Team funding with your network.
NCIIA's Advanced E-Team grants deadline is just 4 weeks away, on Friday, December 4.
Advanced E-Team grants fund up to $20,000 to help student teams take their innovative ideas out of the classroom and/or lab to prototype, and eventually to market. Students can leverage NCIIA funds to launch a venture if their idea includes technological innovation, commercial potential, and positive social impact. Teams must be comprised of at least two graduate or undergraduate students, and a faculty advisor.
Here are some helpful links:
Advanced E-Team Grant Information: http://nciia.org/grants/eteam
Grant Guidelines: http://nciia.org/grants/eteam/guidelines
Please include information about this grant opportunity in any upcoming bulletins, newsletters, and forums and help us get the word out to any students you know who are developing innovative technologies! We'd welcome the opportunity to review proposal abstracts or have conversations with anyone who might be interested in applying.
All the best,
-- Barry Myers MD PhD MBA Prof. & Sr. Assoc. Dean Pratt School of Engineering Director Duke Center for Entrepreneurship, www.cerc.duke.edu Associate Director of Emerging Programs, DTRI Rm 267 Hudson Engineering Annex Box 90281, Durham NC 27708-0281 (919) 660-5150 (o) (919) 684-4488 (fax)
Howie Rhee, MBA
Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Fuqua School of Business, Duke University
Duke Entrepreneurship Links:
- Entrepreneurship at Duke - www.EntrepreneurshipAtDuke.com
- A Duke Resource for Entrepreneurs: www.dukeVEN.com
- Weekly Education Series - www.dukeDEES.com
- Connect with Duke Entrepreneurs - www.dukegen.com
- Find a startup - www.startupmatchmaker.blogspot.com
- Duke Start-Up Challenge - www.dukestartupchallenge.org
- Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital Club - www.dukeevcc.com
- Twitter - http://twitter.com/EshipAtDuke
- Entering the Duke Start-Up Challenge? See example business plans - email me for a copy of Business Plan Pro (advert)