From: Dhruv Patel <email@example.com>
Date: Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 3:56 PM
Subject: CED: STREAK and FastTrac - Need you assistance
Hope you are doing well and having a great summer! I would like your help with STREAK and FastTrac programs beginning in July and September, respectively. We are now actively recruiting companies for the programs and would like to ask you to advise us of any good companies who you think might benefit from one or the other.
As a refresher, FastTrac is for very early stage Tech & Life Sciences companies who have not completed a full business plan, refined their elevator pitch, or, in some instances, even decided that the entrepreneurial world is for them. If they've raised any money it's generally been family and friends. The course takes them through a step-by-step process whereby they complete a comprehensive business plan, refine their elevator pitch, and prepare the initial investor presentation. It includes all the fundamentals of identifying the market, analyzing the opportunity, creating go-to-market plan, financial forecasting, human resource staffing and other issues. In addition, we break up the class in groups by industry focus and development stage to facilitate mentoring by experienced coaches. This 10-week course costs $595 for the first person and $299 for a second or third from the same company.
STREAK, on the other hand, is for companies who have "graduated" beyond FastTrac level and are seeking constructive feedback and critique of their investor presentation and business plan, generally just prior to beginning their fundraising efforts in earnest. To qualify the company must submit their completed business plan along with their investor presentation and a panel of experts, in a one-hour session, will listen to and provide feedback on the presentation. The cost of participation is $100.
In addition, I have attached program flyer for both programs. Please forward the information to companies that you think maybe a good fit or please introduce me and I will walk them through the process of applying for the programs. Thanks in advance for any help you might provide.
Howie Rhee, MBA
Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Fuqua School of Business, Duke University
Watch our video: www.fuqua.duke.edu/wakeup
Duke Entrepreneurship Links:
- Entrepreneurship at Duke - www.EntrepreneurshipAtDuke.com
- Weekly Education Series - www.dukeDEES.com
- Connect with Duke Entrepreneurs - www.dukegen.com
- Find a startup - www.startupmatchmaker.blogspot.com
- Duke Start-Up Challenge - www.dukestartupchallenge.org
- Entrepreneurship Week - www.eweekatduke.com
- Twitter - http://twitter.com/EshipAtDuke
- Blog - www.howierhee.blogspot.com
- Photos - http://picasaweb.google.com/EshipAtDuke
- LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/in/howierhee
- Entering the Duke Start-Up Challenge? See example business plans - email me for a copy of Business Plan Pro (advert)
- Resources from Intuit at http://smallbusinessunited.com (advert)
- Learn VC - www.learnvc.com (advertisement)