From: Lea.A.Lueck <Lea.A.Lueck@rice.edu>
Date: Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 5:39 PM
Subject: 2010 Rice Business Plan Competition
Friday, February 5, 2010
5:00 pm CST
Intent to Compete Due
Friday, February 26, 2010
5:00 pm CST
Executive Summaries Due
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Qualifying Teams Announced
Friday, March 15, 2010
Teams Confirm Participation
Friday, March 19, 2010
5:00 pm CST
Written Business Plans Due
Schools may submit an unlimited number of entries, but a maximum of 2 teams per school will be invited to compete, as selected by the RBPC.
For more information
Lea Aden Lueck
April 15-17, 2010
More than $800,000 in
CASH and PRIZES
42 of the top MBA and graduate schools from around the world will compete at Rice University in Houston for more than $800,000 in prizes.
• $325,000 Grand Prize – including
Ø $125,000 equity investment from The GOOSE Society of Texas
Ø $100,000 investment sponsored by Opportunity Houston and Greater Houston Partnership
Ø $20,000 cash sponsored by Kenda Capital and Shell
Ø $80,000 + in-kind services
Ø Ringing the bell at NASDAQ in New York City
• EVERY team accepted into the Rice competition is guaranteed to win at least one cash prize
• More than $600,000 in total cash prizes, plus $200,000 in services awarded
• $100,000 Life Science Investment prize
• $100,000 Technology Investment prize
• $100,000 Tech Transfer Investment prize
• $50,000 NASA Commercial Space Innovation award
• $20,000 NASA Life Science Innovation award
• $20,000 NASA Engineering Innovation awards (2)
• $10,000 Social Venture award
• $5,000 Sustainability award
• $2,500 Information Technology award
• $2,500 Energy/Clean Technology award
• $2,500 Medical Device award
• $2,500 Life Science award
• $2,500 Nanotechnology award
• $2,500 Intellectual Property award
• $2,500 Hispanic Business Plan award
• $2,500 International Team award
To learn more about these prizes, please visit our website and review the 2010 Official Rules Document – Guidelines for Prizes.
Don't miss your opportunity to compete at the World's Richest and Largest Business Plan Competition!
Click here to submit your Intent to compete and receive your free copy of Business Plan Pro from Palo Alto Software.
The Rice Business Plan Competition is hosted by the Rice Alliance for Technology and Entrepreneurship and the Jones Graduate School of Business at Rice University and is open to all graduate students from any university.
Howie Rhee, MBA
Managing Director, Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Fuqua School of Business, Duke University
Learn more about Entrepreneurship at Duke - www.EntrepreneurshipAtDuke.com
and read our Duke Entrepreneurship Manual - www.dukeven.com.